Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 75 (1/20/10): The Unvite

I had loose plans with a girl to go grab a beer or seven. These plans were made when we were mutually under the influence, but I figured they would stick. So I shot her a text message around 2pm, to no reply. So I wrote it off, and decided to grab coffee and beer with a friend. I was ready to write off the day as unsuccessful when I got the phone call from the girl in question at 10 PM. I thought for a moment, and wasn’t exactly going to answer it immediately. I waited ten, fifteen minutes, and texted her back while I was walking through and picking up a few groceries, namely a six pack.

Twenty minutes later I was making my way through the bar and caught the back of her head almost immediately. She bought me a dollar Coors, and I said I’d get the next one.  We talked a little, just a tiny bit of mutual bitching about the same people, and so forth. She introduced me to her friends, and then we walked off to the corner, after about an hour and 2 beers, she got out of there and I was left with an odd sense of confusion over the whole ordeal.

I took out my phone and dialed.

[Via http://100girls100days.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment