Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 56 (12/31/09): Aught Ten

I have a penchent for New Years Eves I’d care not to remember, and thanks to my penchant for whiskey, this is an easily accomplishable mission.  I got the breakfast date out of the way, and it was a shocker my orange juice didn’t turn into a screw driver, but even I have my limits, scarce as they may be.

Not daring to return to the scene of so many crimes, Kara had her own party this year. Her west side apartment was no roof party. I may be biased due to my hatred of the west side…who knows. I invited Nicole, and I was tense because I really wanted Kara to like her.  Potentially putting myself into another fiasco, I was a tad anxious. I took a nip out of the flask while standing in the hallway, offering some to Nicole. This time she didn’t give me any grief about drinking, she took it straight from me and downed quite a bit of it. I was a little impressed with her straight face as she calmly down a few shots of Jameson.

I wore tie, so she could drag me away at a moments notice from uncomfortable conversations or, in a perfect world,  moments of passion on top of all the coats.  Almost immediately, Taylor sees us, and zeroes in. She starts talking about how she heard so much about Nicole, which she couldn’t have possibly, but she must have been aware of her existence. And then the lightbulb clicked on. This was the explanation for the sudden availability.  Jealousy is never a pretty color, and nobody wears it well.

I whispered in Nicole’s ear to grab my tie and drag me out of there, which she did. She laughed at me and said that that wouldn’t work if she was across the room. I told her that in that case she’d have to stick close…strictly for those purposes of course.  We then went on to play a few horrible games at beer pong against Kara.  Kara didn’t like how I was breaking up the band, but she understood…considering we both played miserably. Me with Nicole, and her with somebody else.  All in all it was just another night, remarkably unremarkable.  I was just happy that nothing too terrible happened.  I got a nice midnight kiss from Nicole, and we immediately left the party.  We had a nice long walk in the snow stealing whiskey & kisses to keep warm.

[Via http://100girls100days.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment