Friday, November 20, 2009

EBSQ Spotlight on Artistic Nudes: Nancy Denommee

This month’s featured gallery is Artistic Nudes. The nude is a classic subject for artists and is of endless fascination and challenge. There are many types of nudes, in all degrees of undress and all manner of poses. Some are intended to make a statement, some are part of a story and some are just a celebration of the human form.

Nancy Denommee

Sleeping Nude - Nancy Denommee

 

 

I have been painting and drawing nudes off and on for most of my adult life.  I love the lines of the female (and sometimes male) figure, the pen just seems to flow and swoop over the paper.  I love the curves, the dips and bumps and shadows.  I do paint landscapes, crows and cats but I always come back “home” to the nude figure.  It seems to be where I truly belong. – Nancy Denommee

Like what you see here?  We hope you’ll consider leaving a comment or subscribing to one of our feeds. Never miss another cool post from EBSQ. Subscribe to EBSQ: Art Meets Blog v2.0 by Email today!

No comments:

Post a Comment