Thursday, December 3, 2009

Museworthy Medley

Hi everyone! Greetings from my first post for the month of December. I’m just writing one of my little hodgepodge entries with some goodies that might be of interest. First, I want to announce that I’ll be starting new art modeling work at the Janus Collaborative School of Art, which is located in upper Manhattan. My first booking there is next week, Monday through Friday, and I’m looking forward to it. It’s always exciting to start at a different place and bring my modeling to a new group of students. I’ll blog all about it after it begins but until then, wish me luck!

Several people, friends and blog readers, thoughtfully shared with me with a link to the New York Times obituary for Charis Wilson, who was muse and model for the photographer Edward Weston. Thanks to all of you who emailed it. But I have to give credit to the one person who beat everyone else to the punch: my mother. Trust me, the woman is fast. She would have made a great gunslinger in the Old West :lol:

Also, many of you might want to visit the wonderful Art Inconnu blog which is dedicated to featuring the work of lesser-known, somewhat “forgotten” artists of the 19th and 20th centuries. Great stuff on there, and exploring the blog is a refreshing and educational experience. Check it out!

Last but not least, go to this link on Doug Rogers’ blog and see what my longtime reader friend has done :-) I’m blushing with pride, and reminded that I am the “muse” I claim to be (sometimes I forget). As if Doug’s piece wasn’t enough to give me a pleasantly swelled head, I have more artistic reader love from Jim in Alaska, who created this work from my Museworthy birthday photo. Thank you Doug and Jim! I love you guys.

I’ll leave everyone with an image for the day. This is Andre Derain’s Bathers, from 1907:

[Via http://artmodel.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment